Bangladesh Fast Bowler Tanzim Hasan Sakib Apologises For Misogynistic Posts On Social Media, BCB Issues Warning
After being criticised about a few offensive posts on his Facebook page, young Bangladesh pacer Tanzim Hasan Sakib, who made his ODI debut against India in the Asia Cup and made a lot of people take notice, apologised to the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB). Some of Hasan's controversial posts are from 2014, when he was still a young cricket player.
In one of these posts, the 20-year-old said that a married woman loses her charm when she goes to work, and that it also hurts her family.
Hasan wrote on Facebook in 2022, "A woman who works won't let her husband or children do what they want to her. She loses her charm, destroys her family, her purdah, and society."
In another post that made fun of women, the Bangladeshi pacer said that a girl can't be a good mother if she goes to college and mixes with people. "You can't get a girl who hangs out with a lot of people at college to be a good mother if you marry her."
Hasan posted about not marking Bangladesh's Victory Day on December 16 in 2014. He was 11 years old at the time.
In response to the controversy over his posts, BCB head Jalal Yunus said that Bangladesh's top cricketing body will keep an eye on what he does on social media in the coming days. He also said that the legal warning had been sent to the young speeder.
"We'll keep an eye on him. The same is true for his family. They didn't think this would happen. They also apologise. We warned him because he is still young and the World Cup is coming up. ESPNcricinfo said that Yunus said, "If he does something like this again, we will take action against him."
Yunus said that the BCB asked the young player about his sexist comments. Hasan said that he didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. "On behalf of the Bangladesh Cricket Board, the Cricket Operations Committee talked to Tanzim Sakib.
He was also contacted by the media group. We told Tanzim that people were talking about his Facebook posts. He said that he didn't mean to hurt anyone with those posts. He didn't write it for anyone else but himself. He also said that he was sorry if those posts hurt anyone's feelings.
"We'll keep an eye on him. The same is true for his family. They didn't think this would happen. They also feel bad about these posts. We've warned him because he's a young player and the World Cup is coming up soon.
We will take action against him if he does something like this again. "If he has a [psychological] problem, we will help him," Yunus said.