ODI World Cup 2023 Points Table: England Earns Two Points After Beating BAN; Pakistan Secures Second Place With Win Against SL
Pakistan maintained their winning streak following Tuesday's exciting World Cup matches, adding two more vital points following a record chase. On the other side, the reigning champions made a statement by defeating Bangladesh in the opening game, opening their account in the points table. The day's high-scoring interactions resulted in notable changes to the points table.
Pakistan is currently in second place, with New Zealand at the top of the group after two victories. Bangladesh, who had beaten the Netherlands in their opening game to take fourth place, are now down to sixth. England, meanwhile, has advanced remarkably from 10th place to fifth place. Thanks to their favourable results, India has made it into the top four, much to the happiness of their supporters.
At the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad, Pakistan accomplished a historic run chase against Sri Lanka in a match that will go down in history. The centuries of Mohammed Rizwan and Abdullah Shafique were crucial to this incredible achievement. Together with Shafique's outstanding 113, and Rizwan's outstanding unbeaten innings of 131 runs, Pakistan was able to successfully chase down 344 with 10 balls remaining.
The 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup got underway in Ahmedabad on October 5 with a thrilling match between the reigning champions, England, and the runners-up, New Zealand.
Ten teams competing in a round-robin group stage format, with each team playing each other once, will compete in the 50-over tournament. The top four teams on the points table will move on to the semifinals, which are set for November 15 and 16, following the conclusion of 45 group stage matches. The eagerly awaited championship match is scheduled for November 19 in Ahmedabad.
Revised Points Chart:
First, New Zealand - Net run rate: +1.958; played: 2, won: 2, lost: 0, points: 4.
2. Pakistan - Net Run Rate: +0.927; Played: 2, Won: 2, Lost: 0, Points: 4.
3. The African nation Net Run Rate: +2.040; Played: 1, Won: 1, Lost: 0, Points: 2.
4. India - Net Run Rate: +0.883; Played: 1, Won: 1, Lost: 0, Points: 2.
5. England - Net run rate: +0.436; games played: 2, wins: 1, losses: 1. Points: 2.
6. Pakistan - Net Run Rate: -0.561; Played: 2, Won: 1, Lost: 1, Points: 2.
7. Australia - Net Run Rate: -0.883; Played: 1, Lost: 1, Points: 0.
8. The Maldives - Net Run Rate: -1.161 - Played: 2, Lost: 2, Points: 0.
Afghanistan (9) 1 game, 1 loss, 0 points, and a net run rate of -1.438
10. Netherlands - Net Run Rate: -1.800 - Played: 2, Lost: 2, Points: 0.