India vs Pakistan: 5 Players to watch out for in IND vs PAK World Cup 2023 clash
India vs. Pakistan: In cricket's biggest rivalry, a number of elite players will be looking to win big. In the history of the ODI World Cup, India and Pakistan have faced off seven times; this will be their eighth meeting. These five players in the game are ones to be wary of.
India and Pakistan's World Cup rivalry will enter its eighth chapter when the two nations meet at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
The stage is set for another cricket el-classico, and the big guns will be eager to stamp their authority in the high-octane duel.
Rohit Sharma will become the fifth Indian captain to lead the Men in Blue in ODI World Cups against Pakistan, and he will aim to continue the work of his predecessors. India's seven-match winning streak is being tested, and Babar Azam has stated that he intends to stop it.
5 players to watch out for:
1. Rohit Sharma - India captain Sharma would be a key player to watch out for. The iconic opener shattered multiple records in his spectacular century in the game against Afghanistan. He needs just three more sixes to become the third batter with 300 sixes in ODIs. Sharma has scored 787 runs in ODIs against Pakistan at an average of 49.18.
2. Virat Kohli - Indian maestro Kohli looks in great form. The former Indian captain scored a thunderous century in the Asia Cup clash against Pakistan and was a cornerstone in India's win in the World Cup opener against Australia. The 34-year-old is 93 runs away from scoring 26000 runs in International cricket.
3. Shaheen Afridi - Pakistan pace merchant is undoubtedly their biggest weapon. As Naseem Shah is missing the tournament, Babar has banked on the left-arm seamer to show his class against India. Shaheen broke the media headlines when he rattled India's top-order in the 2021 T20 World Cup.
4. Kuldeep Yadav - Indian spin wizard Kuldeep Yadav is the best spinner in the world at the moment. His ability to pick wickets at will makes him a threat against any batter. Kuldeep's magic ball to Babar Azam in the 2019 World Cup still holds a special memory.
5. Mohammad Rizwan - While Babar Azam is struggling for runs in his recent outings, Rizwan is a pillar for Pakistan's batting. Rizwan scored a gritty hundred in his team's record chase against Sri Lanka four days ago and would be gunning for more.